Tell us if this sounds like something you’ve encountered before: you are playing a game when your spouse goes to use the hairdryer after a shower and suddenly there is no power in the house. If you have been through this before, or you actively work around situations like this, it may mean that there is something wrong with your electrical panel.
When you start having issues with your electrical panel, you will need to reach out to a professional electrician in Hartwell, GA to get it addressed. Making this upgrade can make your home much more efficient and much safer too.
5 Signs That You Need To Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
If you need an upgraded electrical panel you may want to get this job done sooner than later. Here are some ways to tell that you need to contact a member of our team for this electrical service.
- Your electrical panel doesn’t have enough amperage. If your electrical panel is on the older side, which is common in vintage homes, it may not be able to handle enough amps to support your home’s needs. If you have a panel that can only handle about 60-amps, you’ll want to upgrade to one that can handle 100 or 200-amps. This will help you avoid a variety of problems such as flickering lights, poorly performing appliances, and more.
- You use a lot of extension cords. If you use a lot of extension cords around this house, this can be both inconvenient and unsafe. An upgrade of your electrical panel and the addition of some extra outlets can help to address this.
- You still have fuses. Before homes used electrical panels with circuit breakers, they used fuses instead. Fuses would burn out when there was a power surge, requiring a replacement each time. Upgrading your panel to use circuit breakers saves a lot of money and helps reduce the risk of fire.
- There are frequent circuit breaker trips. When your circuit breakers detect an inconsistency in the flow of electricity in your home, it will cause your circuit breaker to trip. If this happens frequently (every time you turn on more than one appliance), it may mean you need a panel upgrade.
- You are upgrading other appliances in your home. Last but not least, when you need to upgrade some of your home appliances, such as your air conditioner, refrigerator, etc. then you may want to have an electrician take a look at your electrical panel to see if you need an upgrade.
Electrical Work Is Only For Electricians
When it comes to handling any part of your electrical system you should always rely on a professional electrician to get the job done. This is for your safety first and foremost but also because an electrician will always be able to do the job right. Whether it is a problem with your electrical panel, your wiring, or another electrical service, you can trust our team to get the job done right.
Contact JN Electrical Temperature Control, Inc to schedule your electrical services. Feel The Difference.