Living in Georgia means you need to be able to rely on your air conditioner’s ability to keep your home cool and comfortable. If you aren’t able to do that it probably means one of these two things: 1) you don’t have an AC system to cool your whole home or 2) your air conditioner is on the fritz.
While we can help with both of these instances, we will save the discussion about AC installation for later because today we want to focus on helping you figure out if your AC needs to be repaired or replaced.
You don’t want to delay an AC repair in Harty County but you also don’t want to replace your system too early. Here is how to tell when you need one service and not the other.
What to Do When Things Aren’t Cool
The biggest thing you are going to notice that will tip you off to a problem with your air conditioner is that you can’t get comfortable. The question you might have is whether you need to schedule repairs or a full system replacement. Here are the indicators that you need to look for.
Schedule AC Repairs When…
- Your system is making odd noises like rattling, hissing, or screeching.
- Your AC is producing cool air but the airflow is weak.
- Your energy bills are getting more expensive but your AC usage hasn’t changed.
- Your system can’t seem to cool things off well no matter how long it runs.
Schedule a System Replacement When…
- Your air conditioner is between 12 and 15 years old
- Your AC system still uses R-22 refrigerant
- Any use of your AC creates a huge spike in your energy bill.
- Your AC repairs have become an expensive, yearly occurrence.
- No amount of repair or maintenance gets your AC to cool your home.
Turn to the Professionals for Assistance
Sometimes even with these indicators fresh in your mind it might be tough to determine whether you need a system repair or replacement. That is where the team at JN Electrical Temperature Control, Inc comes in.
Our professional HVAC technicians provide excellent customer services starting the moment you call. We can help diagnose exactly what is going on with your air conditioning system and will be able to advise you on your best options for next steps. If it is repairs, we will let you know the repairs that need to be done; if you need a replacement we can help you with the selection and installation of your new AC and will be able to properly remove your old one.
Trust us when we say that these services aren’t meant for an amateur to try their hand at. The safety risks, along with the risk of seriously harming your cooling systems, are just too high! Leave your repairs and replacements to the trained professionals. We have the education, experience, and tools necessary to get the job done right each and every time.