Even if the calendar is saying that the fall season has started, it doesn’t mean that our weather is going to cool down rapidly. We can still see a good deal of warmth which means it is worthwhile to be your air conditioner in good working order.
The question that you may be facing at this point is whether you need an AC repair in Elberton, GA or a full-blown system replacement. We want to help you get the answers you need to enjoy the comfort you deserve. Read on to figure out which service is the one that may help you the most.
3 Signs You Need Repairs
If you notice these warning signs, then it may be time to schedule a repair for your air conditioner in order to keep the system reliable and stave off an early replacement.
- Your AC is making odd noises: An air conditioner won’t be silent while it operates but there are sounds that your system might make which will translate into trouble. Be on the alert for rattling, clanging, screeching, and more.
- The system is short cycling: When your AC system turns on and off within a few short minutes, it is known as short cycling. This can be both a sign of a repair need and a cause of other repairs.
- You notice uneven cooling: You walk through the home and notice that only some areas are cooled while others are left far too warm. Uneven cooling leads to hot and cold spots like this and indicates a problem with your AC system.
3 Signs It Is Time For Replacement
Maintenance and repairs can help to extend the lifespan of your AC system but it won’t make it last forever. If you notice any of these system issues, you may be better off replacing your system instead of trying to repair it again.
- The AC is close to or over 15 years old: When your AC reaches the 15-year mark then you’ll want to start planning for a new air conditioner. At this point, the efficiency and effectiveness of the system won’t stay at the level that you need them to.
- You need repairs too frequently: You shouldn’t need repairs more than once every few years. If you need repairs on a yearly basis or even more frequently, then your system is likely on its way to a breakdown so we’d advise getting the replacement process started.
- Repair bills have become too pricey: Last but not least, make sure to double-check the price of your repair bill. If the warranty no longer covers a repair bill, you likely are seeing a higher repair price, to begin with. But if your bill is equal to half or more of the price of a new system then it is better to put that money toward a new air conditioner instead.
Whether you need an AC repair or a replacement, our team can help.
Schedule your system service with JN Electrical Temperature Control, Inc today and Feel The Difference.