Your heater is built to work hard and keep you warm no matter how cold it gets. While this is great news for your comfort, it isn’t always the best when it comes time to pay your monthly energy bills. All that hard work adds up!
It pays pretty literally to do what you can to make things easier for your heater. Why? Because the less demand and stress is put on your Hart County, GA heating system, the more cash you are likely to save. And, not to worry, because it shouldn’t hurt your comfort either.
5 Tips To Help Your Heater Keep You Warm
There is more than one way to help your heater keep you warm while keeping your energy bills as affordable as possible. Here are a few tips that we want you to know to help you save money without hindering your comfort.
- Address air leaks: you don’t need to leave a door or window open to mess with your home comfort. Air leagues around poorly sealed doors and windows can do just as much damage. Make sure to check around your home for any air leaks and get them taken care of sooner than later.
- Keep your thermostat setting temperate: While it can be tempting to drive the number on your thermostat as high as possible this is not going to be in your best interest. Even a 10° increase can make a huge difference for your home comfort. Trying to keep your thermostat set around 68° during the day and consider lowering it to 62° at night for optimal comfort and energy savings.
- Keep vents clear: Keeping the vents or registers around the home clear of debris or other hindrances will promote optimal airflow through your home. This will guarantee your comfort and will improve the energy efficiency of your heater. You want to keep your vents unobstructed by furniture and decor throughout the year.
- Use what you have to stay warm: If you are able to come up with additional methods to keep yourself warm it can help to reduce the demand that you have on your heating system. Habits such as wearing warmer clothes while indoors or even opening the curtains or blinds to let in the sunlight can make a bigger difference for your comfort level than you might think.
- Schedule professional heating services: Last but not least, make sure to stay up-to-date on heating system maintenance. You should also schedule heater repairs as soon as you realize your system needs to be fixed up. Professional service will make the biggest difference for your system’s operation and efficiency.
Using these different tactics can help to improve the operation of your heater along with its energy efficiency. This benefits your comfort and your monthly costs. Additionally, it can even help reduce the amount of strain on your heater allowing it to last longer.
When you need professional heating services to help you keep warm make sure you come to our team.
Feel The Difference. Contact JN Electrical Temperature Control, Inc for your next heating service. We work hard to ensure customer satisfaction with custom comfort solutions.