We love learning new things and we love sharing what we know. That’s why we have some of the most well-informed experts on our team to provide you with your home system services. With that said, we want to share a few interesting things that you might not know about your electrical system.
Why? Well, because the more you understand about electricity and your electrical system the more likely you are to understand when it needs the help of an electrician in Toccoa, GA. And also, we just enjoy sharing interesting facts!
7 Cool Facts About the Electricity In Your Home
- We have a British scientist named Michael Faraday to thank for modern electricity–he kicked things off back in the 1800s!
- Electricity is incredible fast–it travels at around 300,000 kilometers per second.
- A bolt of lightning can create up to 3 million volts of electricity–which is one of the many reasons we provide surge protectors to homes all around the area.
- The average American home uses around 10,649 kilowatt hours (kWh) each year (that’s about 877 kWh a month).
- LED lightbulbs use around 1/6th of the amount of energy that conventional bulbs do.
- Homes used to use fuse boxes to manage their energy consumption–these proved to be somewhat dangerous when fuses burnt out and could cause fires.
- Electrical panels are the modern successor to the fuse box–they are safer and can handle much more energy which is vital to a modern home!
Handling Electricity in Your Home
You’ll notice that we mentioned electrical panels in the interesting facts above. That is because they really are an aincredibly important part of your home. They handle and distribute all of the electricity in your home and are responsible for protecting against electrical fires and the like.
The thing is, whether you need an electrical panel upgrade or you need a panel installed in placed of a fuse box, you have to have an electrician around to do the job. Electricians are incredibly important when it comes to handling any part of your electrical system, from the panel to the wires and even all the way down to the lights in your home.
Electricians are trained and certified to handle the different parts of your electrical system. This is important to remember because it can actually be illegal (not to mention incredibly dangerous) to allow an amateur to work on your electrical system. The same goes for DIY repairs too. If you have flickering lights or outlets that refuse to work, turn to a professional electrician for help.
Our Team is Here For You
If you are in need of some help with your electrical system, you can turn to JN Electrical Temperature Control, Inc for the work you need. We provide a comprehensive range of electrical services including:
- Electrical panel services
- Electrical Wiring and Rewiring
- Lighting services
- Surge Protection
- Whole-House Generator services
- Help with carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- and more!
Our team has served the XX area for more than 20 years. That’s over two decades of experience that we are putting to work to benefit you, your home, and your comfort.
Feel The Difference. Contact JN Electrical Temperature Control, Inc to get the services you need.